DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ,

Just wondering if anyone had seen , or even done , a side by side custom exhaust on their 4th gen ? Kind of like the exhaust on the srt-10 rams.

I was thinking of doing a semi custom exhaust on my 2012 sxt . I was gonna go with a 14" mufflex and put in a "y" for a dual out on the same side , then cutting out a bit of the bumper for the tips and covering the edge of the cutout with some chrome ( or black , haven't decided yet) trim tape , kind of like this stuff ...

I was thinking of doing this until i can get my hands on a proper dual exhaust cut-out bumper and a full dual exhaust system ....

what you guys think ? Good idea , Bad idea ?

·
Registered
896 Posts
go for it man. who knows you make like this more than an actual dual exit bumper. never hurts to be unique :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies ! I think i will give this a shot , wont be for awhile though . taking the wife to cuba for a few weeks so it'll have to wait til we get back . I will def keep you guys posted with build pics when i start .

·
Registered
896 Posts
sounds good oh and if you are goin to cuba then bring back some cigars for your fellow z buddies
:LOL:

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
Some where close to where i live, they have a bumper chroming shop
they or someone they use does bumper straightening.
At our local auto swap meet they always have a display, a before & after

A bit of heating & stretching & they can do wonders, they could even alter the shape of metal & then chrome it.
You could research around your area & see if they could customize your bumper & you would have a one of a kind piece

Until then, your idea sounds good, would be worth seeing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts