DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we're trying to decide between the Dual Liner for on 2013 Laramie, or just having the bed sprayed. We bought it used and the previous owner didn't spay the bed. We like claim of the Dual Liner product - that it prevents from dents. But would like to hear if other forum members have experience with this product.
Thanks!

·
Registered
969 Posts
I had my truck bed sprayed by Linex last summer. I went with their Platinum product line. It was a brand new formula at the time and only a few of the Linex dealers in the country were spraying it. I'm sure most, if not all, have the capability of spraying it now. It offers UV protection, is 300% stronger than the industry standard liner, and has a nationwide lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have a factory sprayed liner. I have had sprayed liners in all my trucks since 1995. Never had a problem with any of them.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've had both DualLiner, and LineX, in various trucks.
IMO, they are both good products.
DualLiner does provide more dent protection at less than half the price of LineX. On the other hand, LineX doesn't trap debris, rub the bed paint, looks better, lasts longer, etc.
Coincidentally, my new truck is having LineX installed today. I chose the " Premium ", which costs $99 more than standard. It is a polyurethane coating that looks shinier and doesn't fade. There is a $25 discount coupon, on the main LineX site. So, it will only cost me $74 extra.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all! I was worried about the DualLiner trapping debris and rubbing, too. I think we'll go with the Linex. I appreciate the recommendations.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have the DualLiner in my 14' Sport, and have no issues with it. The side panels fit like a glove and provide superior dent protection. The mat is very thick and durable, and everything is covered by a lifetime warranty. No regrets on this purchase.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Have you ever thought about a bedrug, I was thinking about getting a spray in but decided for the bedrug. You have good protect but would really need a cover for the bed.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I got Line-x premium and had it color matched to my Max Steel Metallic truck. Color matching was a $150 upgrade. Unfortunately, having a bed liner sprayed dark, dark blue is almost indistinguishable from black so that was a waste of $150. I have to tell people that it's colormatched otherwise they just think its black.

·
Registered
108 Posts
liner

Has anyone seen a drop in liner cause a rust out? I had one for 11 years in an 02 with a foam underliner maybe 3/16 thick and i live in salt country. No perforations in the bed. The rest of the truck was a different story,rockers,bumpers,cab corners all rotted:wow::wow:

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've had drop in liners in the past with no issues. This time I got the Ram Box system and as far as i know the drop ins were not an option. I got Line-X and I really like it better in all regards. Things like getting tie down straps on and off the hooks are 10 times easier. I have thrown some very heavy, green white and red oak logs in none too gently with no ill effects. I'm really impressed with it so far. BTW, Line-X appeared to me to be a helluva lot more heavy duty than the factory spray-in on other trucks on the lot. Either way, get one or the other.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I've had a drop in liner for 14 yrs. with no issues. good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Spray in.

http://youtu.be/3JOXrpCLCJg

Yep, Mythbusters.
I enjoyed that video. I'm in with several Punkin Chunkin' Canons that you might've seen on the Science Channel, two of which will shoot bowling balls. It would be interesting to shoot a couple of sheets of plywood, both sprayed and not sprayed. Un-sprayed, I've seen a bowling ball go through a 3/4 sheet of plywood fired from almost 100 yards. Would make a great commercial for Line-X if it held up to it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts