DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question on others thoughts. The 2003/2500 5.7 has a single exhaust now, muffler needs to be replaced,so is it worth going dual from muffler back or just stay with single, everything is stock -3 inch from cat out with a short peice right after cat that looks only like 2.75 or 2.5 but its stock.

Am going with i think the 22 inch magnaflow performance muffler, so i need to desided befor ordering, either 3 inch all the way or go 3 inch in and 2.5 duals out behind tires.

No the y has not been replaced----yet but maybe. And if so-what about the short peice on the out side of the cat, it looks a bit smaller than 3 inch.

Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think it is just a personal choice. I preferred the dual for mine love the look and also added glass packs to mine to increase the sound when I get to open it up.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
..I run a 22" mag an love mine...to keep tq I'd stick with a single 3" in/out...the Y should be 2.5" in an 3" out... you could always do cutouts if ever you feel like loud, for the most part i like a quiet stealthy performance setup...

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
now..I went a different route...I took a 22" single in/dual out and flipped it so that the single outlet faces rearward...I did this 3 years ago to test it out and haven't changed it since...truck performs super...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just update-Desided to go with duals off the muffler and useing the magnaflow 22 inch with yes the y pipe installed. Black chrome tips and we will see if a new cat is in order afterward. My brothers oppinion is if you wont change the y pipe or go to true duals stay with single becuz there wont be much gain if any, he has about 40 years of mucle cars, trucks and harleys behind him so hands down on what to do. He is going to install the y and i will install the rest all welded, he is way to busy to do it all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts