DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To anyone out there with death wobble, I have fought my battle against it and kicked its a**. I know that there are lots of threads out there concerning DW. To start off, I have a 2003 ram 2500 with the hemi and a leveling kit. The truck went 120k miles with no symptoms of death wobble and it seems overnight it occurred. After replacing track bar bushings, track bar, steering stabilizers, steering box brace, alignments and new tires (all from info I gathered on forum) I kicked it up a notch and replaced the y link steering to t link steering. World of difference, I spent 600 for the new steering kit, pitman arm and steering stabilizer and I wish I would have done this before spending money on everything else that just hid the real problem. It is a molar steering upgrade to fix a problem that should have never existed. I am new to the forum by I know how frustrating an confusing this was for me to resolve and hopefully sharing this will help someone else suffering with DW. Any questions please PM me or post. Thank you for reading and letting me share my excitement.

·
Registered
18 Posts
steering

my trucks has 345000 on it. I have never had the death wobbles with it I keep my front end in good shape I just up graded to the new type steering linkaged and it makes a big differents in how it handles I would recommend it to any one that has to replace a tie rod end :smileup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
To anyone out there with death wobble, I have fought my battle against it and kicked its a**. I know that there are lots of threads out there concerning DW. To start off, I have a 2003 ram 2500 with the hemi and a leveling kit. The truck went 120k miles with no symptoms of death wobble and it seems overnight it occurred. After replacing track bar bushings, track bar, steering stabilizers, steering box brace, alignments and new tires (all from info I gathered on forum) I kicked it up a notch and replaced the y link steering to t link steering. World of difference, I spent 600 for the new steering kit, pitman arm and steering stabilizer and I wish I would have done this before spending money on everything else that just hid the real problem. It is a molar steering upgrade to fix a problem that should have never existed. I am new to the forum by I know how frustrating an confusing this was for me to resolve and hopefully sharing this will help someone else suffering with DW. Any questions please PM me or post. Thank you for reading and letting me share my excitement.
Good read. Can you post a link or two to the parts you found most benefitial in curing your DW? Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In response to Jhinkle here is the link that I purchased my parts from; http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0046NUOLM
I also had to purchase the most recent pitman arm and I bought the associated bilstein steering stabilizer.
My best luck was with google, typing in dodge ram death wobble cure.
It really is amazing how much of a difference this made

Thank you everyone for reading

·
Registered
22 Posts
that kit... will it fit a 1500 ram? i have the laramie mega cab with 2500 package 06

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Bill, I am not sure if it will fit a 2006 mega cab. I also believe that in 2006 Dodge began putting the T-Link set up on the front of the trucks. I will look into it and see what or if the differences are on the trucks. If you want PM a picture of the front of your truck, the steering linkage and I can hopefully let ya know if you already have the T Link. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Funny story.... My death wobble got worse after installing this set up. It did bolt right up btw! My next step is to check the tires and maybe buy new track bar/bushings but I'm figuring im screwed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts