DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered two electric cutouts from qtp, my question is does it matter where I install them as long as its after the cats and before the muffler? I've seen most guys put them right before the muffler, would it make any difference if I put them closer to the headers?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Not going to happen on a 4G without re-locating the cats

There's not much room between the cat and the cross pipe (drivers side) or the passenger side cat and Y pipe either.

You'd be better off with a single 3" cut-out right after the Y, before the muffler

or you could totally eliminate the Y , run true duals to dual cut-outs (install dual mufflers or a DI/DO muffler).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am running a dual in dual out magnaflow 14" muffler and will probably have the cutouts installed right behind the crossmember for the diff. I've heard that putting them right behind the cats makes the noise in the cab unbearable.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
cutouts are for loud...try your best to install before cats (relocate cats)... after the cats may still sound a little muffled because of the cats...I deleted mine so any place before muffler would work...

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
I am running a dual in dual out magnaflow 14" muffler and will probably have the cutouts installed right behind the crossmember for the diff. I've heard that putting them right behind the cats makes the noise in the cab unbearable.
if runnin di/do muffler, go ahead and put it right after the bends (where the Y pipe would have been)....

and if you want the full effect, you'll want to delete the cats..eventually..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_OXgrOk5k8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.