DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so as owners of the 2009 and 2010 rams we have the luxury of having clutch (mechanical) and electric fans in our trucks... yes i know 2011 and 2012 have them too but the earlier models can control the e-fan with programmers.... currently i have not changed the fan settings and with the clutch fan still in and my 180 t-stat my average running temp, pushing the engine, and even sitting in traffic temp usually sits around 178-180... highest i ever seen it is 181*.

so my question being if i i want to remove the clutch fan and only use my electric fan. i have already put in a Jet 180* t-stat... and i have a predator programmer to change the fan settings.... only WHAT DO I CHANGE THE TEMPATURES TO?

My thoughts right now are with the predator : Cooling Fans A/C on 180*
Cooling Fans A/C off the low 180* and high 190* .... or possibly low 175* and high 185*......

thoughts and suggestions?

Pros and cons to having an e-fan?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Personally i have mine set to 185 and i think setting it to come on to soon like 175 would just decrease the life of the motor. I have had no issues with over heating and was the first person to remove the clutch fan so that should give you an idea of how good the removal of the clutch fan is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.