DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace my clutch fan assembly with an electric. Searched the forum, but didn't really find the answers I'm looking for. First, how many cfm is really needed, obviously, more is better, but how much is enough? Second, considering the Flex-a-lite 294(dual fan setup), 6000cfm, but it draws 28-36amps- is the 117amp alternator that is stock enough for this, or will I need to swap out for the 136amp? BTW- I live in Florida, so I need enough air flow for the AC condenser. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, RedRam10. Well, I pulled the trigger and got the fan. Local parts house gave me some input that helped alot. According to Summit Racing and Flex-a-lite, the fans start out at about 60% power and slowly ramp up, so in both opinions, they shouldn't put any undue stress on the stock alternator. I'll do the redneck test and see if they dim the headlights any with AC and radio on. Now, I need a wire to tap into that is hot when the key is on. Any suggestions as to a good circuit to look for? Also, if anyone has any pics of how they mounted this in would be great.

·
Registered
115 Posts
how'd it go with the install on the fans? something 'd like to do also, get rid of thet 15lbs of metal hangin off the front of my engine. post some pics of the final product!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't got to it yet, need to find someone who can help me with the wiring. I'll be taking pics of the install when I do it, and post up the results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts