DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand the new e-torque system will have "late availability" for the 5.7 hemi.

Anyone have any idea how late that will be?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I understand the new e-torque system will have "late availability" for the 5.7 hemi.

Anyone have any idea how late that will be?

Thanks!
I have been trying to find an answer to this as well.

·
Registered
434 Posts
My guess would be late spring since they announced it as 2019 option. I can't wait to test drive one but will not buy one until summer 2019 or when ever they offer the usual rebates to move inventory.

I think I'll go for a Longhorn this time and hope that I can get the 6'4" bed and larger tank at that time.

·
Super Moderator
34,698 Posts
Usually production for the next model year starts in August and late availability items go into production in about January or February of that year; so for 2018 production would start in Aug 2017 and late availability items would start being produced at the beginning of calendar year 2018. At least that's how its been in the past.

For the 2019s its weird because they went into production at the beginning of CY18 instead of over halfway through. I would guess that if its not August it will be around the beginning of CY19.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I know the Pentastar is suppose to start being produced in Aug 2018 so thinking the Hemi will be too.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I know the Pentastar is suppose to start being produced in Aug 2018 so thinking the Hemi will be too.
My understanding is that e-torque is standard equipment on the V6 but optional on the Hemi. Maybe that is the reason the V6 e-torque is available sooner.

·
Super Moderator
34,698 Posts
My understanding is that e-torque is standard equipment on the V6 but optional on the Hemi. Maybe that is the reason the V6 e-torque is available sooner.
This is correct

·
Registered
704 Posts
Some are built and window stickers available.

17/22 with 19 MPG combined

0EC8963C-7DFA-4EF6-8DB3-FD348220B16A.jpg

·
Super Moderator
34,698 Posts
Some are built and window stickers available.

17/22 with 19 MPG combined

View attachment 79003

2 MPG? Not bad that a nearly 400 hp pickup truck is averaging nearly 20 MPG. Didn't even have to downsize and add turbos to get that

·
Registered
143 Posts
2 MPG? Not bad that a nearly 400 hp pickup truck is averaging nearly 20 MPG. Didn't even have to downsize and add turbos to get that
I agree. 2 mpg better city, 1 highway, 2 combined. I think the $800 difference will pay for itself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts