DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how long the batteries are supposed to last on the E torque equipped trucks, and what is the cost of replacement if needed? Going to order a truck soon and can't decide if this option is worth it. My diesel engine is a nightmare option I wish I never opted for and don't want to make the same mistake again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Order one without it. I have one with it and you can't tell a difference. It creates more engine breaking too since it regenerates electricity. Found this out from testing one with and one without Etorque.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Batteries for ETorque are warranty for 10 years of 100000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I remember seeing 10 years somewhere. May have been on one of Jared's sites

·
Registered
114 Posts
What kind of fuel mileage are you guys that have the e-torque getting?

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
E-Torque isnt worth it in my opinion. I dont see it staying around very long,
especially with all the electrical problems chrysler/dodge/ram is plagued with all their lives.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The idea is good in theory to assist with city mileage and towing. It will be interesting to see how well the start stop and etorque systems smooth out after these trucks aren't brand new anymore

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Not something I'd buy. IME Chryslers aren't any more prone to electrical problems than any other brand

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
Having owned them exclusively for 20+ years I am anazed I have never heard of nor experienced this issue.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
:Wow1:
Research it bro, its one of the biggest complaints with dodge/chrysler products, has been for many years!
I've heard it before, don't get me wrong, but in my experience they aren't.

Maybe if you specified what specific system was having electrical problems instead of saying "X brand is known for Y problem" it would be more believeable. I'd even believe specific models, but this blanket statement doesn't really make much of a case.

After all it was GM with the ignition switches

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I've heard it before, don't get me wrong, but in my experience they aren't.

Maybe if you specified what specific system was having electrical problems instead of saying "X brand is known for Y problem" it would be more believeable. I'd even believe specific models, but this blanket statement doesn't really make much of a case.

After all it was GM with the ignition switches
Not a 'blanket statement' my friend. You can do searches all day long and find tons of info on it.
Heres a list of the most unreliable vehicles. Guess who tops the worst on the list...lol
https://www.motor1.com/features/175422/least-reliable-cars/

And in THIS link, RAM dosent even make the RELIABLE list...lol
https://www.motor1.com/features/174921/reliable-pickups-suvs-minivans/

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Not a 'blanket statement' my friend. You can do searches all day long and find tons of info on it.
Heres a list of the most unreliable vehicles. Guess who tops the worst on the list...lol
https://www.motor1.com/features/175422/least-reliable-cars/

And in THIS link, RAM dosent even make the RELIABLE list...lol
https://www.motor1.com/features/174921/reliable-pickups-suvs-minivans/
Yeah I've seen the Consumer Reports research and the clickbait slideshow "articles" that site them.

CRs sampling methods have some significant flaws and biases, and their analysis is inconsistent and framed to present predetermined conclusions.

Now your response may be to ask whether I think my personal experience is more valid than an actual study or survey. I certainly don't think a CR survey is more valid than...well really anything.

You need to look a step deeper when doing your research my friend. How was it conducted?

If you put so much stock in CR then why aren't you driving Tundras?

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
If you put so much stock in CR then why aren't you driving Tundras?
Dont kick my nuts in to hard bro, i only thru a couple of examples up. But if you want, i`ll start a thread with all the bad reports on FCA vehicles if you like...? But anyways, i came from toyota`s bubb :smileup: My first toyota truck was 1970 HiLux. I put one clutch in it just before 200,000 miles. Other than the norm (tires & brakes), never had a single issue with it. That alone kept me driving toyota`s for a few more years. I came back over (again) to dodge when the HEMI arrived. Its the ONLY reason i buy mopars...the HEMI is a great engine! Had plenty of 318 & 360, and 440 big block dodge trucks. Their small blocks didnt have shit for power, so i would build 440 big blocks and put them in. Got tired of problems with most the small block dodge trucks, as well as electrical failures, went back to toyota for a little while, then back to the first hemi truck in late 2002. I love the 3rd & 4th gen dodge ram`s now, its the dealers and lame FCA that i hate. These days, i will agree, totyota`s seem to have less issues than ram. Toyota dosent refresh their trucks every year like ram tries to do, and then ram ends up chasing problem after problem, year after year. If i need another truck after i retire, i might have to give toyota another look again. But after i retire, theres no need for a truck anymore...so.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts