DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, hope all is doing well, i work at my local school as a mechanic and a couple weeks ago they purchased 3 new trucks, a 3500 4x4 dually cummins , a 2500 4x4 5.7. and 2wd 4.7 all are 2012. the dealer is about an hour away and while i was at the dealer i was checking out the new stuff and i was looking for the new express like seen on stacy david's show gearz. i was only able to look a little at a 4x4 express before we had to go. after driving the 2500 back i became fond of the e.v.i.c. and wondering if it is available on the 2012 express. if my funds work out as planned in a short while i plan on purchasing one and would like to have this option added if availble on the express. the one i'm talking also has 2 extra gauges a volt meter and oil pressure in the instument panel any of you guys know the answer to this?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
hello everyone, hope all is doing well, i work at my local school as a mechanic and a couple weeks ago they purchased 3 new trucks, a 3500 4x4 dually cummins , a 2500 4x4 5.7. and 2wd 4.7 all are 2012. the dealer is about an hour away and while i was at the dealer i was checking out the new stuff and i was looking for the new express like seen on stacy david's show gearz. i was only able to look a little at a 4x4 express before we had to go. after driving the 2500 back i became fond of the e.v.i.c. and wondering if it is available on the 2012 express. if my funds work out as planned in a short while i plan on purchasing one and would like to have this option added if availble on the express. the one i'm talking also has 2 extra gauges a volt meter and oil pressure in the instument panel any of you guys know the answer to this?
Yes it is avaliable but you have to get the trailer brake controller.

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I've driven several Dodges with a EVIC display. All had a "vehicle speed" option. My 2012 1500 Ram Long horn Does not appear to. The top selection is radio info. Am I missing something or can it be changed to offer that display option? Anyone know?

Thanks,

Ted

·
Registered
580 Posts
Only the ST models (Express, traseman, so on) need to have the brake controller group to add the Evic. The other models have it as standard equipment.

My 2500 ST has the controller package, so it's installed.

·
Registered
649 Posts

Yes as stated but the EVIC on the Express models does not have a compass which I believe the upper models EVIC's do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts