DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching but only found something in the charger section so Im not sure it works with Rams also so Im asking here. I got some LED strips for under my dash and seats and want them to come on when the doors open. Whats the easiest way to get them on the same circuit as the dome light without doing anything to void my warranty?

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can do it. I have my under dash leds and doors sills wired to the dome lights. They are connected under the door sills. I let a professional installer do it when he was hooking up my stereo and running all the wires for the sub. As far as the warranty, I really don't know answer to that.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Basically, if you splice into any electrical part, the warranty for that portion is in jeopardy. It's just like anything else. If you buy new muffler, your exhaust warranty is out.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i searched up and down trying to figure out how to do this as well. i got a led light kit from ledglow and ended up just powering it from the fuse box. i used an ignition fuse so when i turn the key the lights come on, and they turn off AFTER you take the key out and open the door. best thing i could come up with...

·
Registered
711 Posts
i searched up and down trying to figure out how to do this as well. i got a led light kit from ledglow and ended up just powering it from the fuse box. i used an ignition fuse so when i turn the key the lights come on, and they turn off AFTER you take the key out and open the door. best thing i could come up with...
in the side panel on the drivers side of the dash there is wiring for the interior lights. this is the thread you want right here..

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=82551

1 - 9 of 9 Posts