DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had my EBC slotted rotors with green stuff pads on my truck for about 4-5 months and 3 out of 4 are all cracked. Now they squeal non stop as I drive down the street. AND NO THEY ARE NOT UNDER ANY SORT OF WARRANTY..... STAY away from these rotors and pads. Im now in the market for either a Baer or Wilwood kit.

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Really? I've had the sports rotors on mine for 2 years with the same green stuff/gs extreme pads and that truck's been through track days, auto cross, strip, and I've loved every minute of having them on mine. I had squealing for the first 5-700 km or so, but after a few 150-0km/hr stops to bed them properly they've been silent.

Where are your rotors cracked? I'm curious to see where the failure is because if the rotors have warped, the it'll cause abnormal wear on the pads and result in squealing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered them threw PEP boys , they do stop my truck quicker. They have heat cracks all around where the pads meet the rotor. Not sure if I did it with quick stops or not. or maybe I was sold a pair meant for another 5 lug application???????? I have friends with these rotors on all different types of cars and that is why I went with them.

·
Registered
644 Posts
You say 4-5 months... They have a 6 month 10,000 mile warranty no? Why do you say they arent warrantied?

Regardless, they shouldnt have heat cracks even after 10,000 miles. Did you get your wheels balanced at the same time you replaced the rotors pads? If not, that can cause early wear on them if the wheels arent balanced properly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its a service truck Ive put way more than 10,000 miles on them, I also got brand new tires and an alignment done. Just dont know???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.