DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Ebrake pedal does not pull on cable.

581 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Mainewoodshunter 
#1 ·
Im addicted to this forum. Im getting ready for inspection and im on the brake part of my truck now. When I have completed the truck I will make a build thread. Ive been taking pics along the way. The current issue is the ebake because Im waiting for brake lines in the mail. Now the ebake pedal locks but does not pull on the cable to engage the ebrakes. just goes right down. Im hopeing some one will have a link or a break down of the function of the pedal for me. So I can attempt to repair it rather than replace it. Thanks again guys.

Also on a side note Ive ordered some kenda klever mts 285/75/16s Any one tried them out? They look like they have good tread for the mud.
With the cheap price of $600 for all four I couldnt resist replaceing the studded snows.

#3 ·
Seems like a sweet deal for the tires.

are your rear brakes adjusted? if the rears get way out of adjustment, then the parking break will go to the floor before engaging.

#4 ·
The coil that winds up and pulls the cable is missing. I noticed I could pull on the cable by hand but the pedal didnt pull it. I was hopeing a tab had worn down that catches the cable side. However its actaully a tension coil. I noticed it in pics when I was looking at them on ebay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.