DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The check engine light came on again in my truck (2nd time in 2 months). Took it into the dealership and they said that I "needed an update". I found out what update they did, ECM flash update P/TSB 18-002-11. I have a 6.7 diesel. Now, I'm just kinda curious about what kind of an update this is. I did a bit of research and found some information stating that ECM (Engine Control Module) somehow calculates/regulates the mpg. I read that the mpg display could be updated to be more precise. My hubby has dubbed the mpg display the "liar-meter" since it shows we get +/- 16 mpg when we really get 14.5 mpg - that's why we hand calc our mpg.
Anyone know exactly what this ECM update actually updated? I haven't driven my truck since the update was installed, but I'm curious/worried to see if my mpg should improve or worsen or if it's for something altogether different. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Did a few searches and can't find any deep details.

·
Registered
307 Posts
14.5 mpg does seem really low for the 6.7L diesel. My Uncle has a couple year old Dodge truck with the Cummins diesel and easily gets 20mpg on the highway with no load.

Darin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts