DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when do your trucks kick in to eco, i heard it would when driving down the highway at a steady speed but mine never seems to go in, i only notice eco mode when decelerating that is it do yours kick in when cruising down the highway? if so anyone know why mine doesn't? it only has 4000 km maybe not broke in enough? any thoughts would be appreciated

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
if you are referring to the mds system, it will kick in when the 4 cyl, can maintain the speed with out any increased acceleration. for me that means either perfectly flat road at a constant speed, or letting up on the throttle for a decline in the road.

·
Registered
462 Posts
That ECO light is more of just an indicator that there really is no engine load when it's on.very light engine load or coasting.To me it's not really a mode.By which I mean there's nothing on the vehicle that's controlling it.Your foot is controlling it and the vehicle is reading it and letting you know.You could do the same with a vacuum gauge.A lot of manufacturers did do exactly that.My BMW X5 had one although it doesn't say it's one.It is an analog gauge that shows instant average mpg but is really just a vacuum gauge.More accurater than an on/off light.

·
Registered
33 Posts
when do your trucks kick in to eco, i heard it would when driving down the highway at a steady speed but mine never seems to go in, i only notice eco mode when decelerating that is it do yours kick in when cruising down the highway? if so anyone know why mine doesn't? it only has 4000 km maybe not broke in enough? any thoughts would be appreciated
Mine kicked in after about 250 miles. If you are in "D" when it comes on as it shuts down 4 cylinders .

·
Registered
462 Posts
Mine kicked in after about 250 miles. If you are in "D" when it comes on as it shuts down 4 cylinders .
I think you'll find that it will come on even when the MDS is not activated.All the eco light does is show that there is very little engine load at the time(coasting or light throttle on flat ground).The 2 are not completely tied together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts