DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 11 sport this week. Noticed while running down the highway at 65 with the cruise set that the ECO was not kicking in so I was getting 16 mph. I then slowed and set the cruise at 55 and the ECO kicked in and my mpg went up to 20.5. I then played around and found that the eco would only kick in while running 59mph or less on level road with no wind. Should this be the case or should I be able to run a little faster in ECO mode?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mine seems very dependent on the driving conditions. Anything over 65 and it becomes very touch with cruise control. On any incline, even the slightest, it will go off. If I go off of cruise and feather the pedal, I can keep it on longer.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a 2010 w/3.92 and can do better than 59mph. However, as StevePG stated, any thing but straight and level roadway and all bets are off.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Give it awhile to break in and you'll find the ECO light comes on a lot more often. it took mine about 5,000 miles before the whole ECO/MDS think worked itself out and became more consistent. The power appeared to increase as well :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I find directly after an oil change mine comes on like crazy but the more K's I put on the less it seems to come one. Its strange.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had ECO come on at 80 in cruise yesterday. It didn't last long and I was probably on a downgrade too slight to notice but it was on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts