Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Where do you fuel up?

I think the Cummins filters are only supposed to go 15k

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
90% of the time its from Mobile. Few time I stopped at marathon and BP only when my fuel light comes on. Service manual for my 1500 says every 30,000 miles on fuel filter.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I think the consensus is that 15,000 miles is the best interval for change with either, Cummins or Eco. I'm going to see what mine looks like at 15 K. At least, your's was doing it's job!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully by changing the filter my mpg will go back up. I'm having a hard time getting 21mpg. Normally I'm at 24-25 this time of the year. It might have something to do with that new software update I got from the dealer few months back.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I logged into my Mopar account online and seen this. AT EVERY SECOND OIL CHANGE INTERVAL AS INDICATED BY OIL CHANGE INDICATOR SYSTEM:
Change fuel filter.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
They may not have updated the site to reflect what the new models manuals say. Looking at that filter would be enough fir me to shorten my interval. My manual says 30k for air filters-looking at the aor filter after 30k miles was enough for me to start doing it every 10k

·
Registered
708 Posts
OK, you convinced me, going to try 20,000 miles. My first oil change will be at 5,000 miles and will send a sample each time to Blackstone Labs.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm kinda surprised the dealer never asked me if I want it done on my last oil change.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Since changing the fuel filter I've gain 2mpg.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts