DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 37,000 mile 2014 EcoDiesel is starting to act up...

On the way home from a long trip the HUD notified me the engine was overheating. Upon inspection, I noticed the antifreeze was very low. I refilled and was able to get home. A few days later I tried shifting the truck into gear after performing a remote start I was greeted with a low oil pressure and the gear shifter would not move from reverse. After numerous power-on cycles, I was able to get into park. Ultimately it was towed into the shop where they first replaced the pedal assembly/accelerator. This didn't fix the problem and later in the week after another trip to the dealer the EGR cooler/gasket was replaced. When replacing the tech discovered a good amount of coolant in the cooler and thought this was the problem. While driving the truck at higher speeds/rpm its seems to be working better, but at low RPM there seems to be something I guess I can only describe as slight hesitation and/or jerky pedal (almost like the engine is missing). Guess I'm just still worried there might be an underlining problem with a crack or engine eating antifreeze. At this point is very slight and I feel like if I go back to the dealership to show them or have them drive they might think I'm crazy. Just hate waiting until its out of warranty and I'll need a new engine.

Just curious if anyone else has or is experiencing this?

Apologize in advance for my bad terminology & thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I have recently read of people needing EGR coolers for the L630s. Can you delete EGR in IL? Its not good for the engine anyway

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I'd take it back, 2014 had issue's. We recently cleaned my son in laws 2017 EGR tube that goes in to the intake and it's a wounded those little engines run at all. The tube and intake was so sooted up and dumping this crud back into the combustion chambers can't be a good thing. There is an EGR delete for these now and after seeing what we cleaned son in law is getting the EGR delete kit. Anyways there's been several people on here that have had there engines replaced do to oiling issues, has the coolant been low since it been filled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts