DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5.9 4x4 Auto. Had starting issues, cranck but no start, changed cranck sensor on bellhousing of tranny, nothing. Changed pick up coil under distributor cap, that fixed it for a while, then again same problem, it would crank but no start. Changed another pick up coil...nothing. So I changed ECU, it work for a while, runnin smooth, after abouth a month, I'm where I started...cranck but no start. Any help would be greately appreciated.

Johel.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
5.9 4x4 Auto. Had starting issues, cranck but no start, changed cranck sensor on bellhousing of tranny, nothing. Changed pick up coil under distributor cap, that fixed it for a while, then again same problem, it would crank but no start. Changed another pick up coil...nothing. So I changed ECU, it work for a while, runnin smooth, after abouth a month, I'm where I started...cranck but no start. Any help would be greately appreciated.

Johel.
It seems odd to have ECM's dieing left and right like that, unless their is a short of course. But the no crank could be due to the distributor being a little off. The vehicles timing is controlled by the ECM and the distributor just distributes the spark and has a sensor to detect the engine rpm and cam position. Overtime the distributor can move a hair and it can throw off the ignition so much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts