DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
524 Posts
well i have the delete kit i bought used from a guy here on the forums that said it was too loud for him. I was a bit apprehensive at first. I was leaning towards the delete kit or the 14" I was looking for an aggressive sound that would draw attention to my truck. But was afraid it would be too loud. on the other hand didnt want the 14" to not be loud enough. I too listened to all the sound clips and couldnt really get an idea of loud any of the different exhausts really were. the delete kit can be loud sometimes, and on the other hand while cruising it is pretty quiet. i noticed most of the volume comes in just over 2000 rpm. The MDS is deffinalty more noticable but it really isnt bad to me. Oh and i am 37 and have 3 kids and none of them have any complaints. Guess it just depends on what you want, I was looking for and aggressive muscle sound and i found it with the delete kit. the 14" I assume is a bit more mellow. Every one that hears my truck loves the sound. hope this helps.

· Registered
524 Posts
I've had the delete on mine but a local muffler shop did it for $50 I really like it and so does everyone else that hears it it is loud between 2000 and 2800 under firm acceleration at wot it's just awesome and at cruising speeds it's really very quiet hope this helps
I have to agree with Idrivemav that is exactly it,
the only wear and tear i can report so far is on the tires. you will want to light up the tires more just to hear the engine. it makes it a lot more fun to drive thats for sure. I would say if you aren't sure go with the 14", BUT I LOVE the delete kit on mine, just sayn.......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.