DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a electric fan off of a 2001 mustang 3.8 mechanic said it moves plenty of air just one problem I have it set to blow air out would it be better to suck air in through the rad. its a 2 wire lead red and black I set red to pos and black neg its a blower if its reversed it sux just wondering cuz with driving the headwind would push through the rad so I would think suck is etter but I am so confused lol:LOL:

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Airflow needs to be from outside the car to inside the engine bay. You can have a "pusher" fan on the outer side of the radiator, or a "puller" fan on the engine side of the radiator. The "puller" seems to always work a little better. If it was an oem fan off a mustang it is a puller and should mount inside the engine bay.

·
Registered
116 Posts
^Yeah, what he said!^

If the fan is inside the engine bay, on the back side of the radiator, you want it to suck. If it is on the outside by the bumper, you would want it to blow in towards the radiator.

There are some fans that are designed to only suck or only blow. Is this an aftermarket off the Mustang or OEM? OEM should be a sucker.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Fan is stock off a 2001 mustang lx the yard man said he removed it and tested it I can feel the air blowing out maybe its wired wrong he said red is pos and black neg and he also
.told me it was inside the rad well I guess I can reverse the wires

1 - 5 of 5 Posts