DODGE RAM FORUM banner

EGR Cleaning???

6K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  IH Scout Driver 
#1 ·
2008 Ram 2500 6.7 Diesel, 102,300 miles.

Just got back from the Dealership. I had to have one of the O2 sensors replaced again, less than 3,000 miles after it was originally replaced. They recommend that I have a "Wynns EGR Cleaner" done by them, to the tune of $175. I don't find anything about that in any of the literature I've read. Has anyone else had this done, or is this just a scam by my local dealership???

#2 ·
Bro. If I ever have a problem or a specific question about my 07 6.7 Mega Cab. As a courtesy to Cummings I call one of there schools either in Atlanta or Orlando and ask them. I dont get an answer but if you show severe concern then they may guide you in the right direction or may just tell you if someone is BS'n you...

#4 ·
The EGR does NOT get completely cleaned with the DPF as part of the regen process. It is a routine maintenance item to completely clean these parts, from what I remember reading, usually after the 100k mark... There's a LOT of threads about the process to clean them out and why to do it on the different forums. This is one reason several people just delete them, other than the MPG increases.

NOW, you can clean it out yourself if you have the patience and time to do it. Takes about 24 hours to do it right. Go to http://www.genosgarage.com/Installation.asp and look at the instructions for the 6.7L cleaning kit that they offer. More information than you can shake a stick at.

Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.