DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of EGR In-Channel Rain Guards from AutoAnything in Sept. 2011 when I bought my 1500. I installed them the day they arrived and have been happy with them. I washed the truck on Saturday, in my driveway with a garden hose. While I was drying the windows and guards, a piece of the rain guard on the driver side front widow splintered off in my hand. I contacted AutoAnything about getting a replacement since their website advertised a "Lifetime Warranty".
I got an email response yesterday saying they would contact the manufacturer to get a replacement. Today, AutoAnything tells me that the manufacturer has advised them that this type of damage isn't covered.
I've appealed to AutoAnything to explain why something that's advertised as having a lifetime warranty, wouldn't be covered. I haven't gotten a response yet. Am I being unreasonable to think that this should be replaced? There isn't a mark on the rain guard, nothing hit it, I didn't go through a car wash, so I'm really annoyed.

I've been purchasing products from AutoAnything since 2005, and spent alot of money in the past 7 years.

I sure hope they step up and resolve this, or I'll be looking for another company to deal with in the future,

·
Registered
168 Posts
Can you post pics of the damage? I've never bothered with window vents but with my manual roll up windows Titan I may be getting them soon.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Mine did the same thing doing the exact same thing. I couldn't believe it. Mine are the putco inchannel vent guards (look just like yours) but mine have been on the truck for over a year and 38000 miles. I got mine from autotrucktoys.com and since I didn't have the reciept I just purchased new front ones. Luckily I didnt need to buy all 4. They also have the "life time warranty" which is in how your interpret the warranty.. Is it lifetime of the truck or lifetime of the vent guard? which in my case was a little over a year?? Sometimes it just aint worth the headache in trying to get the cheap bastards to repace it and just buy new, they arent that much... anyway, let us know what they don't do for you....lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
what brand nerf bars do you have? I have OEM mud gaurds on my truck, and most nerf bars go to far forward and hit them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the Mopar nerf bars. These are the ones that extend all the way back to the bed, which allows you to step up and reach into the bed of the truck. I had the dealer install them when I bought the truck.

Here is the Mopar Part Number: ID:82211498AF Retail: $382, Mopar Supercenter Price: $324.31

The website is:
http://www.*********************/si...num-ram-1500-quad-cab-82211498ae.html?cat=136

I attached the Installation Instructions too. I like to read these to decide whether to install something myself, or have the dealer do
it.

Attachments

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Good luck with getting your gaurds replaced, hope all works out well for you....

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Its a hard thing to try and get anyone to warranty anything now a days, no-one wants to promise what they advertise and lose money.

Good luck on the fight though, give them hell for all of us!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Remember this! If you purchase something on-line using your credit card and you are not happy or satisfied with the company you purchase from, CALL your credit card company and explain your problem. You should be reimbursed for your purchase! All credit cards offer this protection.

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
i hope this gets resolved for you, but if not, i have had great success with weather tech product. you can buy just the fronts. pricey,but great quality.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've got the exact same product. No problems yet but after reading this I'm definitely concerned. Please keep us up to date. Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So here's how this got resolved.

I spoke with the Customer Service Rep at AutoAnything. Corey was very good and went to bat for me with EGR. Unfortunately, EGR doesn't stand behind their products. Their position was that based on the pictures I provided, something hit the rain guard and caused it to break. Don't really understand how they came to that conclusion, but that's the final decision. AutoAnything stepped up and offered to sell me another set at a very discounted price. So I'm buying another set. Just to prove that I'm not just trying to scam EGR out of a replacement part,
I will be sending the broken one to them with a letter that explains the issue.
All I want in return is an explanation of how they can determine that their warranty replacement policy doesn't apply. If they can't at least provide that, I"fve purchased my last part manufactured by EGR.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Thanks for the update. Please post here the response from EGR. You might mention in your letter (if not already sent) that other owners of their product are awaiting their response too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought a set of these same EGR vent rain guards along with the Bug shield package from Auto anything right after I bought my truck in Oct. 2011. Between my computer and PayPal servers to pay for the purchase was a lag spike that had me logging out and back in to PP to confirm the purchase 2x.

Well instead of getting just one, they sent and charged me for 2 sets at $136. each, and it wasn't until a few days later after it had already shipped that I noticed the error. I called Auto Anything and told them the problem and was reassured they would take care of me, and for me "NOT to refuse the shipment when it came.

Well I didn't refuse either package, but after calling back Auto anything, they told me to bad, you bought two, payed for two and their yours now. Ship one back to us at your exspense and WE WILL charge you a 15% restocking Fee for you troubles.

I just kept the second box, but after trying to install the in channel EGR rain guards, one of them disintegrated in my hand ( BRITTLE Mofo ) and when I tried to roll up the electric window on the one successful installed EGR guard, the fail safe feature of the truck would roll the window down, as if some one was caught between the window as it tried to roll up.

Bottom Line is EGR is crap materials and Auto anything lies to you to make the sale and wont stand behind the products they sell or their word after the sale. Stay clear of both these companies before they rip you off to.

·
Registered
247 Posts
the in channel rain gaurds, are they two way taped in there or do they snap in. i want a set but i dont want to two way tape anythhing to my truck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts