DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did do a forum & sub section search. I found many threads with ERG information but nothing with my answers. So..

2005 RAM 5.7 81,000 4wd

Looking for an actual part #, Im in need of ordering it now'ish.
I hope to order today.

On top of this I sure would like to have a picture or two of the location of said valve. I plan to make this an at home project.

Thank you
Busa

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it 53032509AM

(due to 15 stroke must)

·
Registered
59 Posts
it 53032509AM

(due to 15 stroke must)
I was going to replace mine also, so I called the dealer and he told me there was not one shown for an 03'. I can't find it on the truck anywhere. Did they not use one on the 03' 1500 ram with the Hemi?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was going to replace mine also, so I called the dealer and he told me there was not one shown for an 03'. I can't find it on the truck anywhere. Did they not use one on the 03' 1500 ram with the Hemi?
A 4.7L ?
"The 2002-2003 Dodge Ram 4.7L does NOT have an EGR Valve."
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_is_the_egr_valve_located_in_a_2003_dodge_ram_1500_without_a_hemi

or...
"The 5.7L Hemi's is located on the front of the motor slightly on the passenger side. Also check/replace your Throttle Position Sensor"

·
Registered
59 Posts
A 4.7L ?
"The 2002-2003 Dodge Ram 4.7L does NOT have an EGR Valve."
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_is_the_egr_valve_located_in_a_2003_dodge_ram_1500_without_a_hemi

or...
"The 5.7LHemi's is located on the front of the motor slightly on the passenger side. Also check/replace your Throttle Position Sensor"
I can snap a picture of the front area, but there's no EGR valve there. I ordered this truck new in 03', and I know it's not been removed. This is the 5.7 Hemi. That's why I waited till 03' to buy a new Dodge. Also, according to my service manual and several threads here, there is not a separate TPS. It's all incorporated into the Electronic Throttle body.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can snap a picture of the front area, but there's no EGR valve there. I ordered this truck new in 03', and I know it's not been removed. This is the 5.7 Hemi. That's why I waited till 03' to buy a new Dodge. Also, according to my service manual and several threads here, there is not a separate TPS. It's all incorporated into the Electronic Throttle body.
http://***************/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/186168-egr-valve-on-2003-hemi.html
Run vin.?
"No such animal on an '03 - consider yourself fortunate and clean your TB!!!"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found another

"
The 2003 Chrysler 5.7L Hemi engine might not have an EGR valve but if it does it will look like this:
http://info.rockauto.com/getimage/getima…

The EGR valve and electronic solenoid on most 2004 and newer Chrysler 5.7L Hemi engines is mounted on the 'front end' of the driver side head close to where the intake manifold bolts to the head and a tube is routed from the EGR valve to the intake manifold, although on some Chrysler models with the 5.7L Hemi engine it is mounted on the 'front end' of the passenger side head. To replace it remove the electrical connector from EGR solenoid, remove the 2 bolts from the exhaust gas routing tube flange which is connected to the EGR valve, and remove the 2 mounting bolds which connects the EGR valve to the head. Be sure to replace both gaskets when replacing the EGR valve, the routing tube flange gasket and the EGR mounting gasket.""

·
Registered
59 Posts
Found another

"
The 2003 Chrysler 5.7L Hemi engine might not have an EGR valve but if it does it will look like this:
http://info.rockauto.com/getimage/getima…

The EGR valve and electronic solenoid on most 2004 and newer Chrysler 5.7L Hemi engines is mounted on the 'front end' of the driver side head close to where the intake manifold bolts to the head and a tube is routed from the EGR valve to the intake manifold, although on some Chrysler models with the 5.7L Hemi engine it is mounted on the 'front end' of the passenger side head. To replace it remove the electrical connector from EGR solenoid, remove the 2 bolts from the exhaust gas routing tube flange which is connected to the EGR valve, and remove the 2 mounting bolds which connects the EGR valve to the head. Be sure to replace both gaskets when replacing the EGR valve, the routing tube flange gasket and the EGR mounting gasket.""
I gave the parts man at the dealership the VIN #, and that's when he said they showed no valve for this vehicle. I've looked and looked, and nothing is mentioned in the my factory service manual. I'm not sure how they recirculated the exhaust gases.

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Just remember, the '03 hemi is the bastard child of the magnum and newer hemi. There are several things held over from the magnum and incorporated into the motor. The lack of an EGR in many of them, the TPS in the throttle body control, the lack of available tuning, etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
EGR parts are here.

any tips on removal and install?
Looks sooooo simple so I assume I will need to remove the entire front clip, drivers side doors and the real bumper. (joke)

Where is it? 2005 HEMI

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
It's right up front, look at the front end of the intake manifold between the heads. Look for the piece that looks like the picture I posted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's right up front, look at the front end of the intake manifold between the heads. Look for the piece that looks like the picture I posted.
Thanks
:smileup: It damn near jumped out and bit me! Cant miss it.
I was also looking for any tricks but it looks simple.

I guess my fears come from working on my wifes 99 Sebring. I do the work on it and what an EVIL machine. Due to a head leak I have to swap the alternator every-other year. So bad that you must remove the front tire to replace the battery. Honest. The truck has so much more so much more room to work. Kinda a sad day. This is the first part I have had to change , no more factory warranty :smiledown:

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
Thanks
:smileup: It damn near jumped out and bit me! Cant miss it.
I was also looking for any tricks but it looks simple.

I guess my fears come from working on my wifes 99 Sebring. I do the work on it and what an EVIL machine. Due to a head leak I have to swap the alternator every-other year. So bad that you must remove the front tire to replace the battery. Honest. The truck has so much more so much more room to work. Kinda a sad day. This is the first part I have had to change , no more factory warranty :smiledown:
FWD cars always suck to work on.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
it's really simple...I walked into Napa, bought mine, went out to truck and 5 minutes later i was drivin away after installing it...

·
Registered
3 Posts
No the 03 does not have a external EGR valave in it is located on the side of the intake.
I am puzzled as to this myself as I wrecked my 03 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L Hemi Magnum. And bought a 05 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L Hemi Magnum to put my motor in. nd found that my 03 passenger head does not match the head used on a 05 5.7L.
Was wondering if there is a way to by-pass the external EGR valve to make it run.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts