DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice 7yr old thread resurrection lol
Yes there is, plug the ports in the head and intake manifold (or use the 03 intake), then either live with the MIL or get a custom tune with EGR written out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I just happen to stumble across this one as I was looking for a way to delete the EGR valve. In my case I wrecked my 03 Ram 1500 4x4 and had just bought the remanufactured and had it in there.
I decided to buy a 05 Ram 1500 4x4 which I did nto know at the time that it had a external EGR valve. So instead of tearing down the 05 and putting the passenger head on it, I put the whole engine in it and then took my PCM off the 03 and plugged it in.
The only problem I seem to have right now is that the 05 engine was froze so I could not get the torque converter off. And used the 03 torque converter, and now realing it the ratio is different on them too. As the transmission and running gears are set for 3.55 gears on the 03 Ram and the gear ratio is 3.95 on the 05. So I will be finding a way to get the torque converter off somehow and change them out. Which is a big headache but not as bd as pulling the motor and tearing it down.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Slow down...you can delete the EGR valve, but it requires a few hard parts and a custom tune. Torque converters do not have ratios, they have stall speeds lol. And in this case, if both engines are hemis or 4.7's, they use the same trans and TC. Doesn't matter what gear ratio is behind it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Slow down...you can delete the EGR valve, but it requires a few hard parts and a custom tune. Torque converters do not have ratios, they have stall speeds lol. And in this case, if both engines are hemis or 4.7's, they use the same trans and TC. Doesn't matter what gear ratio is behind it.
I did slow down. Ty. I wrecked my 03 truck and had to have back surgery with rods and screws installed. So yes I seemed to be a little off in space at tht time.
I did go back and put the original PCM back in the 05 and the TCM is communicating properly. All I have been doing is trying to find a EGR Delete program lately. My engine out of the 03 does not require a EGR delete kit as the head on the passenger side does not have the port it. The cast is there to put put it in, but the holes have not been drilled out.

I am not willing to drill those holes myself as not sure how deep I would have to go to reach the point that 05 head is. I am just wondering if the EGR reads only from Cylinder 2 or if it reads from the whole cylinder. If it works only from cylinder 2 then why have not come up with a modified exhaust that has the EGR in it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts