DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Electrical Headache

322 3
I bought a used 1999 Dodge Ram1500 Sport 4X4 5.9 .
The front headlights lights were changed to LED . The Problem is that when changing to High beam the Drivers(left) side headlight goes out . Also the fog lights don't work .
Any ideas on what I should look at to fix problem ?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 RAM 1500 5.7 Etorque. Falcon Wildpeak AT3W/ JMS PedalMax/weatherTech TechLiner/Gator Quad fold
1,269 Posts
I bought a used 1999 Dodge Ram1500 Sport 4X4 5.9 .
The front headlights lights were changed to LED . The Problem is that when changing to High beam the Drivers(left) side headlight goes out . Also the fog lights don't work .
Any ideas on what I should look at to fix problem ?
Are all headlights LEDs? If not...the high beam bulb might be burned out, I suppose that could be the case even if it's an led. Or it's not connected properly. Need more info...

·
Registered
20 Posts
...The front headlights lights were changed to LED...
Assuming you are saying that the LEDs swapped in before you bought it, and that the low beam headlight goes out when you switch to high beam. I would consider starting with replacing the low beam headlights with the OEM equivalent bulbs specified in the manual, and see if that fixes the issue of the headlight going out. If the fog lights have also been replaced with LEDs, I would first check the fuse, and if the fuse is good, replace those with OEM equivalent bulbs as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts