DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 and I have a couple issues I need help with

the biggest issue is when I kill the engine after a few minutes the headlights start to flicker or even just come on for minutes at a time even tho the switch is off and it’s not running. This kills my battery all the time cause they do that all night

another issue is my blinker switch sometimes turns on the opposite blinker I selected and half the time it doesn’t even turn any of them on. The bright lights do that too where half the time they don’t even work.

if anyone knows how to fix either of those or knows why it does that I’d appreciate some help

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Could be a turn signal switch starting to go bad, they do fail from time to time. If not that has anyone wired up aftermarket items to the trunk at some point. Did you buy the truck used? Someone may have done some shoddy wiring and screwed up the harness.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could be a turn signal switch starting to go bad, they do fail from time to time. If not that has anyone wired up aftermarket items to the trunk at some point. Did you buy the truck used? Someone may have done some shoddy wiring and screwed up the harness.
Would that just explain the blinker problem or could replacing it maybe fix the headlights coming on randomly too?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yes ,it might take care of both problems, they tend to corrode witch spreads through out .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts