DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my 2005 Ram SLT 4.7cyl truck some overdue shoes and when I picked "her" up as I was driving away I noticed that the driver's side window wen down a little on it's own, stopped, did it again, stopped until it made it all the way down. I raised the window and the process repeated. Sometimes when I pushed the up button it would not raise as if it was still getting a lower signal. I also noticed the passenger door lock seemed to be fluttering up and down a little. To confess, the day before I had left the driver's side window down a little and rain water had accumulated on the control panel on the door. I dried it up and didn't experience these issues until 18-24 hrs later. I was thinking about taking out the control panel and trying to see if it was still wet or just replacing it. Please advise.

·
Registered
404 Posts
You're prolly not the first one to leave a window (or two) open in the rain?. I would guess tho, that is certainly a possible cause of your issue. Before opting for replacement, I would definitely take measures to dry it out. IIRC, it's pretty easy to pop the panel out of the armrest. You may or may not be able to tell if water has entered the switches but perhaps you could speed up the drying process with a hair dryer. Spraying the switches with some electrical contact cleaner may be helpful too.
RipVan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts