DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried posting this in the 2012 section, but I didn't get much help...

I have a 2012 1500 with the 4.7 in it. It has 38,xxx miles on it. I bought it with 24,XXX and it has been silky smooth and never given me a problem... until now. Two Fridays ago, when I got in my truck to leave work every single warning light was on... CEL, 4x4, low voltage, traction control, etc... I didn't really notice till I was pulling out of work (it was Friday) and it was in limp mode... couldn't go over 1500 rpm. So I pulled back in to work and tried unplug the negative terminal to erase the code.. didn't work. I went back on Saturday to see if maybe it was just a fluke... still like that. I went back on Sunday it started up perfect. So, I drove it all week thinking it was fine, then last Thursday the same thing happened, only when I was leaving to go to work.

I called the dealership and they said I didn't have a warranty, and the earliest they can get me in is a month from now (thats not gonna work). So I went to Advance Auto and got their code reader. It spit out a bunch of codes... 15 to be exact. A bunch of repeat camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor, throttle sensor, sensor reference voltage low... etc.. and then an ABS code U0401-Implausible data received from ECM. The truck was barely running, and really rough. I tried pulling the negative terminal and the codes come right back.

I thought with all those codes, there's no way that all those sensors went bad at once, so after checking fuses and relays (which all SEEM to be fine) I figured maybe my computer was haywire. So I ordered a used one and installed it. The truck started up and ran fine for about 10 minutes, but still had lights on the dash, then it stalled. I tried restarting, which it did a couple times, just to stall back out, and after a couple of times doing that it would just crank... now it wont even crank.

I know i shouldn't have kept trying to start it, but it was just out of frustration with my truck... I shouldn't be having these problems with a truck that has 38K on it! Just my luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
I believe your problem lies within your TIPM. The Total Integrated Power Module. Its basically the brains of everything electrical inside your truck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Electric issue

I replaced my battery and still have the random issue. Could it be an alternator? I have replace the real wheel sensors as well.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I believe your problem lies within your TIPM. The Total Integrated Power Module. Its basically the brains of everything electrical inside your truck.
Have you checked this at all. It is a good point to start. I would have some one in the truck with the key on while I pushed on, moved side to side, pulled and put back in all the fuses/relays in the TIPM. In case you do not know what the TIPM is, it is the fuse box under the hood in the eng. bay. These are noted for getting bad circuit boards (solder connections cracking).

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Lad6der

try creating a new post, describing your issue, should you not get it fixed.

Posting under another's thread can lead to misinterpretations.

Good Luck!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts