DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im in need of a plan i got a jump because my battery died turnmaneals got croosed there were sparks got new battier put in truck dash lights didnt work no dome light no heater knob lights replace fuse worked fine for two weeks it blew agian so replace and it blows as soon as you put another one in dont know were to start HELP

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum Dale....We are glad to have you here.... Feel free to post some pics... We all like the pics...If there is anything that we can do to assist you please ask...

Enjoy the site....

Ed

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Welcome to the forumZ.Lots of great people and info here.Any pics of the Ram?....:smileup::smileup:...Rob

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Hello and welcome to the RAM forumz. Great to have you become a member. This is a great site with lots of helpful and friendly members. Ouch sorry to hear of your problem. Sparks flying does not sound good, could likely have done some damage to the wiring or the totally integrated power module. We also like pics so if you have any to share please post them up. Hope you enjoy the forum.

·
Administrator
2017 Ram Rebel 5.7L Flame Red
42,016 Posts
Welcome joining here is a great decision for any RAM owner so much knowledge and information here!

Sorry to hear of your issues. I am wondering if when you initially did it you make have burnt some of the wire insulation off and it took a bit for to move and ground out and now is just shorting out and a new fuse will pop every time.

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy the new Ram! There are a ton of brilliant people and some technicians as well (myself included) on here, and we will help in any way we can. Feel free to send me a message with any questions you may have. Any info you need, we have, and if we dont, someone can find it for you. I am a soldier and myself and a few other members are Mechanics by trade. Everyone has something to offer at the Z. Looking forward to pix and seeing you active in the community!

Sounds like you may have fried your IPM (Integrated Power Module)=BIG money to replace if you cant find one in a salvage yard... Let us know if it does it again...

-Josh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts