DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Well you say you have a VOM meter. I would check the fuses with the meter to see if the fuse is blown. Sometimes just eye-balling the fuse you can mess up. Make sure you check the correct fuse (fuses).

I don't know how many circuits are in the mirror and if any go to a computer, 8.4 radio or TIPM module.

Making a dead short can cause real problems and could even damage the radio if you have a 8.4a radio. The radio controls the dimming mirror on-off function.

You need to check more.

Greg

·
Registered
972 Posts
EDIT: wire (PINK/ W yellow stripe)

This wire is for the SUNROOF

One thing that you did not mention is Sunroof? This one would not work with the key off.
I would check fuse F35 30 amp. And fuse F66 10 amp.
Wiring diagram I think it will be fuse F66 10 amp. that is blown.

https://techauthorityonlinedemo.extra.chrysler.com/service/repair/wiring/view/classic.htm

SUNROOF/POWER TOP SYSTEM / Connector Details
Diagram
Connection (SP2229)

------------------------------------------------------------
OK, I would put everything back together at this point as Asur stated.

There is only one fuse box in the Ram.

The only thing I can think of is making sure your front head lighting is working correctly along with the movement of the dimming mirror.

If you find that everything works (all lights, accessories) than that would point me to the dreaded TIPM and a chip in it. Only the dealer can tell you about this one.

Keep us informed.

Greg

·
Registered
972 Posts
Next question - Where the hell do you get fuses?! I have gone to Home Depot and an Auto Store and neither have the tiny little fuses that go in this truck. The Auto Store guy said he has never seen them before...ugh.
Until you find a fuse at the store, you can use one of the extra ones in the fuse box that you don't have an accessory installed. Look around there are extra fuses in there.

Glad that fixed your problem.

Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.