DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Addicted to the Z
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with platinum shield corrosion control module. Does this electronic gizmo actually work. Apparently there are scientific studies. I use Krown which works great however leaves a bit of a mess on everything underneath. This thing is expensive at $1000 so I'm wondering if anyone took this from the dealer on their new truck purchase and if it worked in preventing rust. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I thought those only worked in water like bridges and ships that sort of thing. Seems like you wouldn't have enough conductivity for it to work without the water.

·
Banned
5,858 Posts
I thought those only worked in water like bridges and ships that sort of thing. Seems like you wouldn't have enough conductivity for it to work without the water.
My thinking as well. I have tons of experience with these on boats (Mercathodes), but not sure how you would be able to effectively bond all panels on a vehicle. Then, where would it "ground"?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yea, its snake oil. Needs to be in water to work correctly. Most Chrysler dealerships in Ontario refuse to sell it due to many pervious customer complaints from what I was told.

·
Registered
60 Posts
These things are a joke and a waste of money when it comes to cars, I have worked on a number of cars that have had them and all they are good for is creating a draw, I legit worked on one that had it with the most rust I have seen on a 4th gen Ram, save your money

1 - 5 of 5 Posts