DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Ram 3500
I have chased a very troubling problem with sporadic ETC faults for almost 3 years. The base problem seems to be that the computer believes the throttle and the brake are ON at the same time, throwing on the ETC fault light, killing the throttle and putting the truck into limp mode. See Code P2299. My trailer brakes could hang up for 3 seconds when I released the brake pedal. Over time, I have replaced:
PCM: Power Control Module
The Brake Switch
The Trailer Brake Module (2x)
Flashed all firmware
Hydro Boost Pump
After 4 different dealerships and several thousand dollars, replacing the hydro boost pump seems to have solved this issue. I only have 500 miles trouble free so far, but all issues are gone.
The trailer brakes no longer hang. All noise on the trailer brake display are gone. And best of all no ETC faults.

·
Super Moderator
34,648 Posts
Thanks for sharing your problem and fix. Hopefully it can help keep others from going through what you had to to fix it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quickster2: From everything I have read, I believe this to be a Cummins Diesel 6.7L issue and not gassers at all. I believe a hydro boost pump is only used on high compression diesels when vacuum assist is not used.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts