DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this issue for almost 2yrs two different dealerships cant find the problem. Every concievable alarm goes off truck lurches, sometimes gets stuck in different gears. When doing this if you shut it off you can not restart or take your key out of ignition. Will fix itself after sitting on its own for an hour or so. I have a lifetime warranty but nobody seems to be able to fix it. They have gone through all the connections, replaced the ABS module but nothing else. here is a youtube of it in all its glory.
(copy this link if it does not autoplay) any help is greatly appreciated.Dodge truck gone wild

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Why did they change the ABS module? Seems to me like if all the alarms are going off at the same time it would be one or more of the computers or possible a power supply problem from the TIPM. It is a known fact that if you have a power supply problem all sorts of things can happen.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I had the same problem about a couple of weeks after I bought my 2010 Laramie 6 years ago. All the bells, whistles and alarms going off, cluster looking like a Christman tree, wipers and radio going on and off by themselves. When it was happening the truck drove fine. The dealership could never find the problem because I always brough it to them in the mornings. One day after driving around for awhile it started doing it again and I was close to the dealership so drove there and left it running while I got the service writer to look at it. He called over his two senior techs to look at it and they drove it onto the shop and had it fixed in less than an hour. Seems there were a couple broken wires behind the console and near the radio, and the problem would present itself after the inside of the truck heated up. expanding the defective wires enough to short out and cause the problems. Cost one hour labor. They fixed the wires and the problem has never shown up since.

If you haven't done it yet drive to the dealership if you are able to but leave it running. Easier to diagnose if the problem is running. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
If you have it documented several times you could bring lemon law action as a solution. If they cant fix it and you have a warranty and truck goes bizark and dies. Its a safety problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts