DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys...

I find the emblems on top of the hood a bit over the top... can they be removed without leaving any holes or such behind?

Thanks!
JC

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hello Guys...

I find the emblems on top of the hood a bit over the top... can they be removed without leaving any holes or such behind?

Thanks!
JC

If they're the usual double sided tape, I've removed many emblems by carefully using dental floss to cut the foam tape to cut off the emblem, then let some goo gone soak in to the residue and remove that. Some people say fishing line works too but I've never tried that. You have to go slow and not use too much force sawing back and forth with the dental floss to avoid breaking it.

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
1,642 Posts
They snap on and off on the 5th Gens, and by the issues lately so does the rest of the truck. :doh:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I mean the big emblems on top of the hood near driver and passenger, I wonder if they may have some "guides" or "holes" under them that will be exposed once the emblem is removed.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
which emblems? on a Gen4?

No, on a gen 5, since this is the 2019 section. 4th gens don't have hood badges.

OP, they come off with bondo and paint :smileup: :gy:

·
Registered
479 Posts
It's another great design feature of these trucks! Take the hood badges off and you need bodywork and a hood repaint to fix Ram's dumb design decision. Some guys are replacing the chrome badges with the black versions. Maybe buy the black and get them painted to match your truck.
At least on previous generations, if you didn't want the badges on the fenders and doors they could be removed with no further work needed.

I assume Mike Manley signed off on the design of these trucks since he was head of Ram and Jeep before his promotion. It doesn't bode well for future designs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's another great design feature of these trucks! Take the hood badges off and you need bodywork and a hood repaint to fix Ram's dumb design decision. Some guys are replacing the chrome badges with the black versions. Maybe buy the black and get them painted to match your truck.
At least on previous generations, if you didn't want the badges on the fenders and doors they could be removed with no further work needed.

I assume Mike Manley signed off on the design of these trucks since he was head of Ram and Jeep before his promotion. It doesn't bode well for future designs.

So if you remove them carefully theres holes or guides behind that warrant bodywork and paint if the emblems are not on?

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
They are flush mounted in the hood so if you remove them there will be a depression where they used to fit

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've removed mine and replaced with black emblems. The emblems do not use any double sided tape. They use tabs and there is a large single hole behind the emblem when removed. The hole is the size of the actual emblem basically.

·
Registered
172 Posts
2019 hood badging

I agree, I have despised those since the first pics I saw of the truck in spy photos

just ruins the lines of the upper belt line

·
Registered
230 Posts
by "hole" I'm assuming you mean a stamped depression? I agree that they are a little more in your face than the last gen on the doors, but I really don't pay much attention to them. The LongHorn badges on the prior generations were enormous as you may recall.

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
Those are some ugly badges. Almost as bad as the longhorn badges on the fourth gens, but at least those monstrosities could be removed easily.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts