DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2017 6.7L Cummins 2500 w/G56 manual
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie at towing here. I've seen a thousand posts and videos about engaging tow/haul mode which are obviously geared towards automatic transmissions. Figured out how to engage tow/haul mode by following the instructions in the owners manual yesterday - including engaging parking brake, putting in reverse, putting back in neutral, turning engine off. Is all that really needed? Or is there a simpler process than described in the owner's manual?

Also, once the trailer was parked, the tow/haul mode stayed on even after engine re-start. I could tell because the gain stayed engaged at 9.0 even though the exhaust brake was off. Fixed that by reducing gain in the vehicle settings, but I don't believe that really turned tow/haul mode off.

Looked through all the vehicle settings and nothing appeared to jump out at me. Driving a 2017 Tradesman 2500 6.7L Cummins diesel.

Attaching example pictures of our basic instrument cluster and the auxiliary panel - our auxiliary panel does NOT have the tow/haul button or the slip indicator button as shown in the auxiliary panel pictured in the maxresdefault.jpg photo. It does have all the undefined Aux # buttons.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Tow haul should only be an automatic deal. It has to do with the lock up converter. Unless there is some kind of tow mode that changes up the engine performance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts