DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Spectre CAI about 2 months ago. After the install my engine was fine and running great. In the last couple of days that has changed drastically. Now the engine feels like it's missing, stuttering upon acceleration in 1st and 2nd gears. I've checked all clamps and hoses and everything seems fine. Has anybody else had any problems like this after a CAI Install? If so, any solutions?

Also, in my gut the breather hose isn't installed correctly. The way mine is installed it runs from the intake directly into the original hose that hooked up to my original air box. I don't think that's right, but I've had mechanics tell me it is. Something seems weird about that and I've noticed a dramatic DECREASE in horsepower! I believe the breather hose needs to be directly installed where the pcv valve is located. If somebody could shoot me a photo of the way their breather hose is installed on their 4.7 V8 I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys

Brian

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Check to make sure the engine is getting too much air, i.e., a leak or folded over hose. The hose sleeves that affix the CAI's to the throttle body have a tendency to fold over on the bottom side of the inlet/TB housing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts