DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually have two problems and don't know if there related to each other.

My first problem that I'm feeling is a shimmy or a shake. I only feel it in the seat/floor/pedals. It's pretty much at all speeds. When I go over a bump it's even worse. I don't know if it's related to the tires/suspension or the transmission. I have 77k miles on my 2014. Can it be the tires or the rear shocks? I did the front with bilstein and one of the stock ones was bad.
I thought it might be a ujoint but they seem to be fine. Also I jacked up the rear and rotated the drive shaft with my hand and sounds like a clicking coming from the transmission.

My question is that could bad rear shocks cause a shake?
Could the transmission be a cause of the shake?

Is there anything I can check to see if the transmission is bad or if the rear shocks are bad? It's driving me crazy:att:

·
Super Moderator
34,662 Posts
I replaced my stock shocks by 20,000 miles and the Bilsteins were definitely an improvement. The stock shocks aren't great, and at 77,000 miles I'd be surprised if one or both was not bad.

Other things to check would be motor mounts

Does it correlate with engine speed or wheel speed?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I'm probably going to end up doing the rear shocks anyway. Even if it doesn't solve the problem. I'll check the mounts out tomorrow. And it only seems like the wheel speed like a little hopping but gets worse when hitting a bump small or big like it's going over little tiny humps in the road. It has the feeling of a bad ujoint but they seem tight. I had to replace the ujoints on my old ram and few years back so I've seen bad ones. Could it be something with the tranny that can cause the shimmy. That's the only other thing I can think of.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts