DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow Rams! I have a 1995 2500 Ram which has 250,000 miles on it's tired 5.9 gas motor. I just snagged a 2001 salvage yard engine the other day. It is supposed to have 170 compression, and 45 psi oil at idle.
I know my original distributor has to go in it, and while the intake manifold looks extremely similar, there are different vacuum ports here and there. Is there ANY way to make this work without swapping the intake too? Are there any other things that need to be swapped besides the distributor and/or intake?

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
53,791 Posts
Well first, welcome to the forum since I see you're new here! Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you, but stick around and one of our more experienced folks should be along shortly to help, but good luck! In the meantime, be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Newbie Checkin and get your official Ram Z welcome! :)

- Cajun

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As long as you have ports for all the vacuum lines in your truck, you can plug any extras.
ok, just a quick note, there are MORE vacuum ports on the '95. but I see the '01 doesnt have a vacuum egr on the manifold's rear. so, if I isolate the line which runs that valve, and plug it, it should work?
I might have to swap the throttle body out, as the electrical connections appear to be different. The injectors appear to have the same plug in, but I have only had the motor 24 hours now, and have only done a couple of "walk-arounds".....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts