DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,im not sure if this is the place to ask this.if not i apologize.Also could someone tell me the correct place.i just bought a 09 Dakota with 3.7. It had slung a rod thru the block.i found a 3.5 i believe the guy said come out of 06 charger both motor and trans. My question is can i use that combination and if so what has to be done to complete this swap. Thanks and again i apologize if this is not the correct place to ask this

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Wish I could help you with your question, but with all the computers on our vehicles today I really do not know. You might have to swap the computers from the other vehicles to make it work, but here again that is just a guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello everyone I purchased a '09 Dakota with a blown motor.I researched about a replacement motors. I found by using the vin# I could find a replacement motor.so I found one by using the 8th digit in the Vin being "K ".I bought it and installed it but for some reason it will not spin over.all I get is a clicking sound from a relay under the hood fuse panel.i have checked all the grounds and they are good.i took the battery and had it tested and it's good.I replaced the starter it's new but still have the same result.Now here's my question. It the other motor blew (Threw rod thru the block )would that cuz any problems with the ECM.as pertaining to the new engine spinning over.(ECM not acknowledging new motor) if so how do I resolve this And another thing is the Fob key that came with the truck is in bad shape.its the king that key folds down into casing.well casing is cracked and wanting to separate and the alarm buttons are pushed in and staying pushed in not returning to primal position.The second question is could that fob key be a cause of engine not spinning over.( Maybe because it's a security issue).I really need some help with this as I have to get it fixed asap my ford ranger blew a head gasket and repaired it I thought only to find out the head may be warped.thus leaving me with no way to get to work this coming week.So I really need the Dakota going.And after the new parts for the Dakota and repair(so I thought )to the ranger I've spent a lot of money and still with no running vehicle.So pleas if anyone knows what I should try next I would love to hear it thanks kroy19600

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know this is Christmas Day and people have other things to do.But iam desperate for help. I have to have a way to get to work and in I'm in construction and remodeling and don't got to the same place everyday.So Thank you in advance for your help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.