DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I went to the dealer to have an oil change, transfer case flush and get my spark plugs changed out. I scheduled my apt for 9AM and by 6PM I finally got the truck back. I didn't expect to get it back in 2 hours but they promised it by 1...not 5 hours later. So I took the truck home and was inspecting the engine to make sure everything was in place. To my surprise, one of the bolts over the cylinder was missing so I took it back to the dealer and they told me that the tech that did the work wasn't in so they couldn't put the bolt back in. I don't quite understand why replacing a bolt required a certain person but I wasn't gonna argue. They had a different tech look at it just to make sure everything was put back correctly and it turns off he broke the damn valve cover off and put a silicone type compound around it without even telling me. Now I have to leave it at the dealer, have them order the part and hopefully they will pay to have it fixed since they broke it. Unfortunately, I have to wait until Monday to speak with the service manager and see what he says about it. I plan on coming in prepared with all my service documentation from the day I took delivery, onwards. I don't expect people to be perfect and I know changing the plugs on the hemi's are difficult, but to break something and not fix it, let alone not tell the owner or the service representative is total BS. I am really thinking about taking my business else where if they don't make this right. IMO he should be fired for bsing everyone there. A man with no integrity shouldn't be allowed to work on $40k+ vehicles and put the reputation of the dealer on the line. I have had nearly all of my maintenance done at this specific dealer and its really disappointing. I don't think I should have to make sure people did their job correctly, its bad business.

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Take a picture---just in case you ever need it----my first discussion would be with the service manager--my second discussion would be with the dealership owner if the first discussion is not to your satisfaction.
Jay

·
Registered
212 Posts
Was this one of the bolts that hold the Coilpack on? In either case, they should make it right.. No wonder the tech kept it longer that promised..

Hope it works out..

·
Registered
288 Posts
So what ended up happening, any update?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts