DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys hopefully you can help me out.

When i turn the key the starter will run but the motor will not turn over untill about 5-8 seconds while the starter is running. When it does finaly fire up the rpm's will be low but then gradualy reach the optimum idle rpm.

I know the fuel pump is working becuase when the key is truned to the 1 position I can hear it prime. Also if I prime the engine 2 or 3 times before starting the motor will usually start with no issues.

I ran over to the autoparts store and had them run a diagnostic on the truck; no codes and no check engine lights on the dash.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Starting issue

You could have a leaky injector, losing fuel pressure overnight. Then the system has to prime again when you try to start. Also, check the actual fuel pressure, see if it;s a bit low.:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
Your fuel system may be dirty & unable to function properly
Pick up a can of SeaFoam
Put 1/2 in your gas tank & the rest should be run through the vacuum line that goes from your brake booster to the throttle body

I would ignore the part where they put it in the oil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRAV5ln5cUc&feature=related

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I will try the Sea Form first since it is the least expensive option.

Are the injectors hard to replace and is there way to tell which one is leaking? at $50.00 bucks a pop could be aan expensive fix.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
First thing to do before replacing injectors (without any diagnosis) is to test fuel pressure...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts