DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put bad gas in my 2014 ram 1500 and it stalled maybe a block away from starting point. Cranked it a couple times then clank. No knocking but engine will not turn over. Replaced fuel pump cleaned injectors drained tank replaced starter removed spark plugs except for one cause a socket got stuck with a spark plug. Put lubricant down cylinders still no turn over. I believe engine is hydrolocked but not sure if any damage has been cause to internals. Any suggestions on what path to take from here?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Have you tried to turn over using a socket and breaker bar at the balancer ? If the plugs are out you should be able to turn the balancer by hand . Does the oil smell like gasoline ?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Balancer attaches to front of crankshaft, has a large bolt in the center. You should get some type of service Manuel if your going to try working on yourself. Probably be good no matter what ,just for parts identification.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Doubtful on the bad gas causing the problems, just coincidence. Pull 1 plug out of each hole and try turning crank pully clockwise with breaker bar. Any check engine lights? Im thinking timing chain broke and wedged in there. You could pull cam sensor from front cover, kind of close to thermostat, might be able to pull on timing chain with needle nose pliers and see if there is slack?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts