DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, i have some concerns about putting a bigger set of tires on my ram, its already lifted 5 inches with a set of 35x12.50x17 coopers, and the wheels are already spaced out an inch and a half. In order to get the 35's to fit i had to cut off a good 6 inches of my running boards because they were already hitting them. Once these tires are worn out i was thinking of bumping up to a 39, im just worried about the clearance ( or lack of ) at the bottom corners of the fenders. the way it is now when i turn all the way one direction there isnt much room left, i was also thinking about putting on a 3 inch body lift as well i just want to make sure these tries are going to fit before i drop big bucks on tires.

any help is greatly apriciated

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
just remember, 12.5 is really your maximum width
some people tried going larger & they will rub
you can read it on most forums

·
Registered
133 Posts
Theres a guy on here running 40s with around 12 inches of lift to give you an idea so if you have clearance problem with 35s I don't see you clearing 39s with only 3 more inches of lift

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
you are having clearance issues with 35's but want to go bigger???

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its not that im having bad clearance problems, the running boards that were on the truck when i got it stuck out very far in the front, i just had to trim them back to fit the 35's. they clear no problem now, im just concerned about fender clearance with a bigger tire, and i don't necessarily need to get 39's, i could go with 37's or 38's

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
oh ok I get it now, maybe measure how much clearance you have now, for 4 inches of tire you will get 2 inches closer to each area of your fender, measure with the wheels, straight, turned, on un even ground where 1 tire is up and 1 is down sort of thing, do that with the wheels straight and turned again and see what you get and then add another 2 inches to what you got with your current tires. Thats about the best advice I can give and it should give you an idea of what you can get or what you need to add to get 39's.... hope that helps

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok that makes sense, now that im thinking about it i can probably squeeze a set of 37's in there with the amount of lift i have now. if i can do that i will, then thatll save me about $400 for the extra lift

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
ok that makes sense, now that im thinking about it i can probably squeeze a set of 37's in there with the amount of lift i have now. if i can do that i will, then thatll save me about $400 for the extra lift
good thinking, 37 is a great size tire and will make your truck less gutless than a 39 plus save you some $$$

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah thats deff what im going to be looking into, i should be able to do that no problem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts