DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been considering this for a while but what about an entire RAM bedlined? Obviously its not going to be cheap, probably in the same ballpark as painting it a matte black. opinions? Anybody try it? I've seen some jeeps but nothing else.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Interesting idea. I've seen trucks with the lower rocker pannel areas painted and have seen some front bumpers done with the Rhino type liner spray. Never a whole truck!

·
Registered
94 Posts
There's a pic on a thread here somewhere that shows a Ram fully done. Not really my cup of tea, but a lot of people do like it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I like the idea of bedliner. I've got a friend who has a 2005 Ram that's coated in tan bedliner. It looks great and you can't scratch the finish at all. I've seen a Ranger with tan bedliner too and that looked good as well. A guy on another forum I'm part of posted pics of his Tacoma that had red bedliner and it didn't look nearly as good in red.

If you pick a color that looks good in matte, it will look very good. Stuff like tan and black look good, especially together. Red, blue, etc don't look that great (in my opinion). You won't get a glossy finish, so keep that in mind when you pick the color.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I intended on repainting it a flat black but then this idea presented itself in my head. The bed liner is a matte and going with black would look the same at a diatance, but up close it would knock the socks of anyone.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I think it would be cool to see on someone elses truck but I dont know if i would do it personally. I do this k that it would be cool, like you said it would be a flat back look from afar

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
There's a guy down in Pincher Creek, AB that's done it to his '06 CTD 3500. Looks bad ass, but he said one down side is it fades a bit after a year, but he didn't care, it was covered in mud most of the year anyways. The guy even reinstalled the badges back in the stock locations overtop of the bedliner.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i would do it to my off road vehicle but not my new truck. i would probably do it to an older truck. i did my rockers on the old truck with upol raptor. worked awesome, held up even better. you can do it yourself, its not very hard. durabak has it in many colors as well. i foudn the upol to get the best reviews for diy, it comes in 4 bottles with a hardener and a spray gun. cost me like $150. very similar look to a rhino liner, its not like the sand paper feel of linex. they make uv protectants for it depending on who you use as well. if you truck is going to spend alot of time in the woods then i say do it. i know that when i get a woods rig i will be doing it to that.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I saw a Linex company jeep that the entire thing was done in a hunter green. It was different but I wasnt a big fan
we ya they did it in hunter green, thats just gross. local guy did his jeep in a light blue. wasn't a fan of the color but it was done because its his trail vehicle.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Had a buddy that did it to an older Suburban and it looked BAD. That thing was a monster lifted about 8" with 35's and lockers front and back. Big block motor that could rip through mud like it was going out of style. Best part was taking it down to spray it off with a hose at the car wash. You can literally just spray it off and its "clean" again.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well the local line-x dealer quoted around 3500 to do it all, and thats with them doing all the prep, rust, and any small dings if i so desired. if i did all that myself the price would come down. on the flip side i bought some herculiner and lined the whole deck of my push mower. haha looks pretty badass. ill put up a picture later

·
Registered
19 Posts
i just did this to mine after i got keyed a couple of times. i sprayed it on everywhere and then rolled it on the bumpers, rockers, and tonneau cover. the truck is wet in these pictures. it looks more matte when dry. i can take more pictures if you want

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
After seeing the Mythbusters episode on how strong this stuff is I can see why people might want to do this. It is amazing what they did!

1 - 20 of 113 Posts