DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I used to be on this forum but it was some time ago and I had forgot my username and password thus I had to re-register...now my problem:

I just changed the rear passenger side brake caliber and also the the rear brake pads on both sides. Everything appeared to go fine except that now I have the ESP BAS light on. The two little wavy lines (refers to traction I think) are also on.

Is this something that may go away on its own or is it something I must replace or fix? I checked for codes and there are none shown or pending.

Any help would definitely be appreciated.

Cheers,

Don

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,443 Posts
Check your wheel sensors make sure they are properly mounted and connected. Did the lights come on after the brake work?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check your wheel sensors make sure they are properly mounted and connected. Did the lights come on after the brake work?
Yes, immediately after I finished installing the rear passenger caliber and pads and the rear driver's side pads (didn't do anything to the front). I had the vehicle on jack stands so I started it to make sure everything was okay before I mounted the wheels and tires and the lights were on then and have stayed on. I bled the both rear brakes but not the front for two reasons. First, I didn't think they really needed it and secondly, the front brake bleeding screws were so tight I was afraid I would round them off.

I have driven the vehicle approximately 20 miles (thought maybe the lights would go off) and it seems to drive normal.

Don

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Yes, immediately after I finished installing the rear passenger caliber and pads and the rear driver's side pads (didn't do anything to the front). I had the vehicle on jack stands so I started it to make sure everything was okay before I mounted the wheels and tires and the lights were on then and have stayed on. I bled the both rear brakes but not the front for two reasons. First, I didn't think they really needed it and secondly, the front brake bleeding screws were so tight I was afraid I would round them off.

I have driven the vehicle approximately 20 miles (thought maybe the lights would go off) and it seems to drive normal.

Don
I think starting the truck jacked up could've caused it. Did you put it in gear and spin the rear wheels? The lights can be easily reset with a scan tool they won't show up in the obd2 reader. That is most likely all you need to do. But double check the sensors before you get it reset.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think starting the truck jacked up could've caused it. Did you put it in gear and spin the rear wheels? The lights can be easily reset with a scan tool they won't show up in the obd2 reader. That is most likely all you need to do. But double check the sensors before you get it reset.
Yes, I definitely put it in gear and spun the rear wheels just to make sure there was nothing dragging, etc. In fact, I did it more than once.

My OBD2 reader does not show any codes current or pending as you suggested. Does it take a special scan tool to reset them? Also, how do I actually check the sensors?

BTW - does OBD2 stand for "Old Black Dodge 2"? ;)

Don

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks or the tip Omac. My neighbor had an ABS scan tool so we reset the lights and all is well.

Don

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Thanks or the tip Omac. My neighbor had an ABS scan tool so we reset the lights and all is well.

Don
Awesome. Glad it was an easy fix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts