DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my VIN # from the dealer after about 14 weeks of waiting. I called Dodge customer service and was told that my truck was completed yesterday and that the estimated shipping date is today (2/23/2010). He also said that it usually takes about 30 days for the vehicle to get to the dealer.

It's a 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4X4 so I'm assuming it's coming from the Michigan plant? Why would it take 30 days to get here (I live in Virginia)? Anyone think it will be here sooner than that? How long do you think?

·
Premium Member
32,816 Posts
its all a matter of logistics
paperwork paperwork paperwork
if you think about how many Rams & Durangos roll out of that plant every hour, & how many of those are going to be shipped to a dealership close to you in Virginia, the trucking company will not take just 1 or 2 vehicles to a particular area, they need any where from 6 to 8 vehicles with the same general destination, to make it worth while for both Chrysler & the trucking company
these pix give you an idea how many roll out the door of the factory & are parked in a holding area, waiting to be shipped
http://inform.com/photo/751316#
http://www.allpar.com/trucks/dodge/ram-factory.html

·
Registered
68 Posts
i just received my vin # from the dealer after about 14 weeks of waiting. I called dodge customer service and was told that my truck was completed yesterday and that the estimated shipping date is today (2/23/2010). He also said that it usually takes about 30 days for the vehicle to get to the dealer.

It's a 2010 ram 1500 quad cab sport 4x4 so i'm assuming it's coming from the michigan plant? Why would it take 30 days to get here (i live in virginia)? Anyone think it will be here sooner than that? How long do you think?
they told me 30 days 2 but got to the dealer in 7 days

·
Registered
13 Posts
My truck just went to D status. I recieved my VIN at the same time. I have no clue when to expect it to be completed. How long, generally does it take to go from D status to built? I have looked and at this stage all the parts are available, from what I gather, so realistically how long does it take them to actually build one truck?

·
Registered
39 Posts
My truck just went to D status. I recieved my VIN at the same time. I have no clue when to expect it to be completed. How long, generally does it take to go from D status to built? I have looked and at this stage all the parts are available, from what I gather, so realistically how long does it take them to actually build one truck?
I ordered my truck on 16 Jan '10, I was given a VIN # and D status on 23 Jan '10. Later on during that month, the dealer give me a start date for the 14 Feb'10 but my Ram was completed on 16 Feb'10. It was deliver to the dealer on 23 Feb and I will be picking it up tomorrow on 27 Feb'10. From the day the dealer give me a VIN#, a month later the truck arrived. This is my scenario and I hope this will help you. You never know, you may get your truck sooner than you think. I was surprised...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine was ordered Nov 24th....had a build date of Feb 22 however it may or may not have already been built...heard alot of them are going to JS status for a up to 30 days after they have been built....If I dont hear that mine has been shipped this week they can keep it!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's just a few days away. Cool!:smiley_thumbs_up: When did you order it?
My dad ordered his Jan 18th. and he picked his up 3 days ago. I ordered mine Jan 30th. haven't heard anything yet. Hoping it'll be in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
That's just a few days away. Cool!:smiley_thumbs_up: When did you order it?
My dad ordered his Jan 18th. and he picked his up 3 days ago. I ordered mine Jan 30th. haven't heard anything yet. Hoping it'll be in the next couple of weeks.
My dealer had it on order and he just changed the order from dealer inventory to a sold unit, however the original order was dated 10/13/09. It was at D status and went to D1 within a week of it being a sold order. So here's to hoping it will be in before the end of this month.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hey fellas if you give me your vin i can look it up in the system and let you know your wait time only if its a truck that we build at the warren plant but as far as how long you get it is different cause of the transport time

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hey fellas if you give me your vin i can look it up in the system and let you know your wait time only if its a truck that we build at the warren plant but as far as how long you get it is different cause of the transport time
PM comin' your way. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Estimated shipping date

You are all very, very lucky. I ordered my 2010 R/T back in the last week of October 2009 and it wasn't till last Saturday March 13, 2010 that I finally got word from the dealer that my truck had been finally built--in Mexico no less! (Are all Rams made in Mexico or just R/T's?)
The kicker though was that, after all this waiting and being jerked around by Chrysler, I was told that it would be into April before the truck arrived at the dealer's!! Does anything happen more quickly than a snail's pace these days?
2010Ramowner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.