DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7l
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So here’s what happing. I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7l the ETC light came on while driving rpms bouncing from 500-1800 and acted like it was going to stall when I came to a stop. Below is what I’ve done so far with no luck to clear up the situation. It’s not throwing any codes I’ve taken it to two different places and nothing. Both times it was in limp mode and engine was cold

New throttle body
New egr valve
New pcv valve
New plugs
Seafoam in the gas
Relearned throttle
Unplugged battery over night to reset pcm
Etc light still on no codes

Also I noticed the other day after the engine is up to temp I can relearn the throttle body and it will run fine can turn it off and back on no issues. Once the engine cools off same thing etc light no codes and stuck in limp mode. Any idea of what could be going on here. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have same issue. I did the similar repair attempts and even replaced the alternator. Did you find a fix
So here’s what happing. I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7l the ETC light came on while driving rpms bouncing from 500-1800 and acted like it was going to stall when I came to a stop. Below is what I’ve done so far with no luck to clear up the situation. It’s not throwing any codes I’ve taken it to two different places and nothing. Both times it was in limp mode and engine was cold

New throttle body
New egr valve
New pcv valve
New plugs
Seafoam in the gas
Relearned throttle
Unplugged battery over night to reset pcm
Etc light still on no codes

Also I noticed the other day after the engine is up to temp I can relearn the throttle body and it will run fine can turn it off and back on no issues. Once the engine cools off same thing etc light no codes and stuck in limp mode. Any idea of what could be going on here. Thanks in advance!
I have same issue. I did the similar repair attempts and even replaced the alternator. Did you find a fix

·
Super Moderator
1,152 Posts
Had a crank sensor cause that before in a Dakota. Did you check your codes with a scanner that will read advanced codes or one that just reads codes that turn on the CEL? They are two different monsters.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is no check engine light. I do not have a scanner that will read advanced codes. I have replaced throttle body, egr valve, pcv valve, alternator, battery, cam position sensor and crankshaft position sensor. I have also had a recent tune up with all new plugs and plug wires.

·
Super Moderator
1,152 Posts
There is no check engine light. I do not have a scanner that will read advanced codes. I have replaced throttle body, egr valve, pcv valve, alternator, battery, cam position sensor and crankshaft position sensor. I have also had a recent tune up with all new plugs and plug wires.
Check with your local auto parts store & see if they can read advanced codes as they will check it for free. May not have any but at least you'll know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts