DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I read a blurb in he Local paper which looks like it was rerun nationally by the Detroit free press. It says Ram trucks is still only shipping and selling only regular V8 Hemis because the EPA has not yet certified the mild hybrid etorque v6 and v8.

http://autoweek.com/article/trucks/epa-approval-delays-2019-ram-1500-launch

I ordered my 2019 eTorque Limited with Ramboxes on May 10. It is built and been waiting shipment since July 10 but I think it isn’t shipping because of the Monroney sticker issue because it’s the eTorque.

I haven’t read this anywhere on the forum. What have you guys heard?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I don't understand why...its literally the same engine just with stop/start, and the EPA already published fuel economy numbers. In fact, a guy on the 5th gen Rams site already drove one at a dealer in Dallas

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are ETorque trucks in customer hands, it is the rambox holding things up. A few have been built, but we have not seen any ship yet from Detroit. We have been given an August 15 estimated ship date from FCA. We will see if that holds true.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
There is supposedly a rail car shortage that is hampering shipping of new Ram trucks.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I think the ramboxes are the hold up for you

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ordered 2019 Limited 4 wd 5-9 1st ship date 6-30 2nd ship date 7-16 third ship date 8-16 4th 8-24. Chrysler needs to get new schedulers. 3 months to get a truck? I am moving on good by Chrysler

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
At least you are getting ship dates. I am always told the status with no eta.

Ordered 2019 Limited 4 wd 5-9 1st ship date 6-30 2nd ship date 7-16 third ship date 8-16 4th 8-24. Chrysler needs to get new schedulers. 3 months to get a truck? I am moving on good by Chrysler

1 - 16 of 16 Posts