DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted this to multiple forums so some multi-site members may have already seen this.

I know in the boating world you can tie your sonar/gps display into the engine diagnostics and have the gauges display on screen while you are running WOT. Is there something similar for the Ram trucks to have the evic information displayed on the MyGig or aftermarket head unit? I have an express without the evic but it also seems like it may be more useful on a touch screen interface even for those equipped with the evic. Really the only thing I am after is transmission temperature for when I am towing so if there is something just for that it would be cool or maybe I am overlooking the way to see it on my little dislpay.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
When I upgraded to the EVIC on my 2011 ST I was looking to display the compass and tire pressures. I was pleasantly surprised when I found the transmission temperature among all of the other features of the EVIC.

The touch screen interface sounds interesting, would the connection be through the OBDII port?

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have had an MSD brand Dashawk device for several years for two of my GM vehicles. I love these kinds of data screens, and apparently they have some things in common with EVIC. Trans temps and digital readouts of other important functions are important to me. I haven't selected the model/brand of data screen I'm going to use on my '12 Express that has no EVIC. I don't need a data screen device that dances and sings, as I'm mainly interested in just a few critical readout. I'm probably going with a simple Scan Guage or similar device for my needs. In this issue, I like simpler.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
You could likely get a device like ^ he is talking about, but will likely spend about the same as you would to upgrade to the EVIC. Now the aftermarket device will probably give you a few more readouts than the EVIC, but the EVIC will be a clean out of the way install. So IMO I'd choose the EVIC because I think it has everything you need and then some, but it's up to you, there are sort of two different "paths" to go down here to get what you want...

·
Registered
698 Posts
You could likely get a device like ^ he is talking about, but will likely spend about the same as you would to upgrade to the EVIC. Now the aftermarket device will probably give you a few more readouts than the EVIC, but the EVIC will be a clean out of the way install. So IMO I'd choose the EVIC because I think it has everything you need and then some, but it's up to you, there are sort of two different "paths" to go down here to get what you want...
I'm definitely not dissin' EVIC...cool feature. But a Scanguage in particular can be found for about $150, and you can use it on any vehicle with OBDII...and move it around as a scan tool to check and clear codes.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
^I hear you. I'm sure everyone has a differnet opinion on what they'd prefer. I'd actually be interested in what else a scangauge has to offer as far as readouts. Although I think my flashpaq probably can read most of the same things.

·
Registered
218 Posts
When I upgraded to the EVIC on my 2011 ST I was looking to display the compass and tire pressures. I was pleasantly surprised when I found the transmission temperature among all of the other features of the EVIC.

The touch screen interface sounds interesting, would the connection be through the OBDII port?
WHOA! You can add EVIC ??? I've been regretful about not having it and all along it can be added? Can you give details please? What part did you order?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts